Your Senior year will be a busy one! We hope the following calendar will help guide you through the admissions process for the College of Visual Arts and keep you informed of upcoming campus events, financial aid information, and application deadlines.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis following receipt of all admissions requirements. We recommend that students complete the admissions process prior the February 15, 2013, CVA's Priority Scholarship deadline.
- The application for Spring 2013 and Fall 2013 semester is available. Start your online application!
- The CVA Admissions Office starts their travel season! Contact us to see if we will be visiting your high school or an area college fair.
- Have you taken the SAT or ACT? Visit the ACT site and SAT site for registration and test information. The SAT code for CVA is 6147 and the ACT code is 6117. You will have the option to have your test scores sent directly to CVA.
- CVA Visit Day on Thursday, Oct 18, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Meet CVA faculty, alumni, and current students in addition to learning more about admission, scholarships, and financial aid during the Visit Day program. All MN high school students do not have school due to teacher conferences. Learn more
- Portfolio Building Workshop, Oct 20, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Hear from experienced admissions representatives and faculty about steps to building a portfolio, submitting portfolios to art and design schools, and how to document artwork. Learn more
- Check out what is going on at CVA by joining our Facebook page.
- Do you love design? Check out The Lustigs: a cover story, 1933-1961, in the CVA Gallery.
- Complete or start your application!
- MN College Application Week, 12 to 18. Apply for free!
- Drawing Workshop on Saturday, November 17, 1 to 3 p.m.: Our annual drawing workshop is an opportunity to meet CVA students and faculty while working on a group drawing. All skill levels welcome! Learn more...
- Learn more about fiber arts during the CVA and Textile Center exhibition, Materialized in the CVA Gallery.
Is your application complete? Use the winter break to complete your remaining requirements.
- Drawing Workshop on Saturday, December 15, 1 to 3 p.m.: Our annual drawing workshop is an opportunity to meet CVA students and faculty while working on a group drawing. All skill levels welcome! Learn more...
- Photography Workshop on Saturday, December 15, 1 to 4:00 p.m.: Explore an alternative photography process and learn about CVA's black and white darkroom and digital negatives with CVA Photo faculty. Learn more...
- Complete the Application for Financial Aid. This form determines to whom the FA office can release information regarding your financial aid and serves as an application to some forms of state financial aid.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. CVA’s school code is 007462. If you are concerned about completing the FAFSA, we are happy to assist you with the process. Consider attending Financial Aid Night or make an individual appointment by calling 651-757-4020 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Aid Night on February 6 at 7:30 p.m.: Meet the Financial Aid Office and learn more about grants, scholarship, and other forms of aid.
- CVA Preview Day on Saturday, February 9, 1 to 3:00 p.m. : Meet students alumni and faculty. Learn about CVA's programs, financial aid and admissions.
Feb 15 Fall 2013 Priority Portfolio Scholarship Deadline!
- The CVA Admissions Office starts the spring travel season! Contact us to know if we will be visiting your town or high school.
- Contact the Admissions Office if you still have questions or want to speak to an alumnus, faculty member, or current student about their CVA experience.
- CVA Visit Day on Saturday, April 20, 1 to 2:30 p.m. Need a second look at CVA? Attend our Visit Day! After the program, attend the First-Year Foundation Exhibition reception and see examples of the Foundation year curriculum. Rsvp at email@example.com.
- Completed the FAFSA? April 15 is the Priority Financial Aid Deadline.
- May 1 is National Reply Day! Please complete and mail the Notification of Attendance form with your acceptance folder with the $200 tuition deposit.
- May is also High School Exhibitions Month. CVA is host to three high school student art exhibitions.
june & july
- Classes begin Tuesday, September 3, 2013!