Alumni benefit from the educational and professional environment at the college by using a number of services and facilities. These include auditing classes, library privileges, and access to labs.
- Auditing a Class for Free: Alumni are allowed to audit classes at CVA on a pass/fail basis. Tuition is waved for the first audited class. You will be expected to pay any course fee that may apply. Enrollment depends upon space availability and all financial obligations to CVA must be paid.
- Library Privileges: Alumni may use the library and checkout items including books, slides, videos, and magazines and have access to the various online databases.
- Computer Lab Access: Alumni may use the college computer labs during regular building hours. Priority is first given to scheduled classes and enrolled students.
- Photography Facilities Access: Darkroom access is a privilege meant to help alumni progress with their personal artwork, develop a portfolio, or build a body of work. Access is granted during regular building hours, but not during class times. Fees will be determined by the photo tech depending on the amount of use by the alumni. Eligibility for certain areas and equipment is based upon previous course experience.
- Printmaking Shop Access: The print shop welcomes alumni to make prints and use processes learned in previous CVA courses. There is a per-semester fee and alumni are required to get approval from the Printmaking Coordinator to access the print shop.
To Receive Alumni Benefits
- Complete Form: Mail or drop off a completed Facilities and Program Access Agreement for Alumni Form. Download form here.
- Update your CVA ID: Visit the Registrar’s Office during regular office hours and receive a current ID. This will be required for access to the library and labs.
- Update the Alumni Office: Email email@example.com with a current address, email, and phone.